Sunday, September 27, 2009

BH Bubble

So I have been studying for the past couple of hours and I felt like I needed a break.

For those who don't know i have my yearly examinations in 3 weeks time. And I know that 3 weeks prior to the exam week seems abit early to start studying especially seeing as how I have two weeks of holidays to do said studying in, but alas it seems that I will be losing abit over 7 days of those two weeks due to a camp that I am attending. So I decided to make up for the loss time with some studying now.

This got me thinking about a conversation I've had quite a couple of times with my friends maybe even some other people too.

BHHS IS A BUBBLE.

If you go to my school for a while and you watch a tv show or a movie which is set in a high school, you'd think that they are overexaggerating everything. What with all the students drinking and taking drugs and having all-out brawls in the playground. You'd say, "that doesn't happen in highschool," and you'd be right. It doesn't happen in BH High school, but it does pretty much in most other highschools.

In BHHS, you don't experience high school like many other people. You focus on your studies or train in the sporting event that you represent the school/district/region/state/nation in. You can't go to you're friends house for and hour beause you 45 minutes away from them and you parents can't be bothered to drive you. You actually pay attention in class and fight the teacher to give you that extra mark that gives you 90%. You spend the lunchtime after that maths test discussing with your friend what answer they put. You spend your free time, couped up in your room infront of your computer trying to finish that assignment due while your next-door neighbour is out with thier friends partying the night away.

BHHS is not the normal highschool experience, but I don't know whether that is a good thing or not.



NB: the real name of the high school is left annonymous due to a certain principal who is addament about the school name appearing anywere on the internet unless it is an approved school promotional or educational website.



No comments: