Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

You know when you have start worrying about your future when you father starts planning for you to go to Duntroon (for those not in the know, Duntroon is referring to the "Royal Military College" situated in Duntroon, ACT, Australia)

This made me think about the rest of my future, which got me thinking about today.

Today is:
> 01/01/09
> 1st of January 2009
> The first day of 2009
> New years day

Now as we all know, many hold various traditions for when heralding the New Year. There a various activity that people conform to for the upcoming festivities. There is a lot of preparation made for the various events prior to the New Year.

But there is no set thing that is done on New Years day.

But alas, I was brought into the light and it was revealed to me.

We think about the future, more so than the duration of New Years Eve. For many, December is the time to look back at the year we have lived. And January is a time to look forward.

It is like school. At the end of the year we think about how the time had just flown by and we try to keep the memories that we created that year. But in January it feels as if time couldn’t have passed by slower. Just like some people say, “A watched pot never boils”.

New Years Day makes us think about what will happen for the rest of the year, and the rest of our lives. New Years Eve is a day to look at short-term differences we can make in our lives. New Years Day is long-term.

Throughout the day I thought about what I’m going to do in college (even though it is 3 years away). What college I am going to, if it be RMC. And then is all the “girly stuff”, such as whether or not I want to get married, what I would name my children, etc.

New Years Day reveals to us what we really want in our lives.

Now all we have to do is make as many New Years resolutions (and uphold them) to make sure we get what we want in life.

Anyways…
From a deranged lunatic…
I bid you farewell…

No comments: