Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bordom and life goals

In continuation with my previous entry, holidays are really boring.


It has come to my attention that with said boredom, I am sort of productive.


During recent holidays I have made it a mission to learn miscellaneous facts, if you will. In previous periods of boredom I have learnt various tricks which are performed with poker chips. I also spent some time learning all the states of America and their respective capitols.


I am currently trying to learn the entire populate which is president’s of the United States of America. Including the dates in which they were in office and various historical events that happened because and during their time in office. This is proving to be difficult as I do not respond well to large blocks of information and have yet to find a game which can teach me. (Reference to how I learnt the states and capitols of USA).


It has recently become a habit of mine to go running when I’m bored.


What I find to be my greatest achievement’s that has produced from being bored all the time is my ability to play guitar. One Christmas, I asked for a guitar, and I got one, ever since I have been teaching my self how to play. It had been one of my many life goals and it has given me a sense of accomplishment.


With my never ending boredom, I have found ways to carry out my life goals…

Completed tasks are marked with an [x]


  1. Live in Canada for a minimum of 6 months. (probably in Toronto, Ontario)
  2. Learn how to play guitar [x]
  3. Serve in the military (with my dad wanting my to go to Duntroon, should complete this task by 2012)
  4. Learn the art of card counting [x] (the concept itself is pretty simple enough)
  5. Perfect the art of card counting (wherein lies the rough)
  6. Fly a plane [x] (that is if you count airborne microlights as planes)
  7. Ride a horse [x] (albeit I was 7 at the time)
  8. Buy a motorcycle
  9. Live in Anaheim (best city ever! For those not in the know. Anaheim is situated in Orange County, California. Home of Disneyland, Universal Studios and the Anaheim Ducks)
  10. Beat Maggie in something/anything [x] I beat her in PDHPE last year
  11. Buy one hundred tubs of Haagen-Dazs (got 97 to go... BEST ICE CREAM EVER!!!)
  12. Watch the Toronto maple leafs live (gotta love the NHL)
  13. Go to Las Vegas
  14. Go backpacking across Europe
  15. Perform CPR on a person that needs it (and not some plastic dummy or some guy who wants some lip action)
  16. Start a round of applause [x] (gotta love Monday morning assemblies)
  17. Learn Esperanto (felt like learning a language, why not the universal one… the other universal, seeing as I already know English)
  18. Go to six flags in Gurnee, Illinois, USA and ride the Iron wolf (stand-up coaster)
  19. learn html [x] (tried once. Got bored soon after. Plus memory is a bit dodgy so it was harder than needed)
  20. learn java script
  21. find more life goals


Anyways…

From a deranged lunatic…

I bid thee farewell…

No comments: