Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Different Colored Socks

So I haven't been able to blog on the 17th because since Friday I was at Port Macquarie. We only just got back last night, so I'm making up for it now.

While we were there we passed by a shop called Zocalo. In the shop they sold various jewelries specifically those which star a variety of gems and stones. More importantly, within the centre of the shop was a stand which held a range of stones in their natural form (i.e. not attached to jewelry) and a description of what the do.


There were many baskets filled with a certain stone. Some had claimed to help with weight-loss, stress, concentration, and a diverse array of other “problems” people might encounter and would like help with. I was thinking who would actually buy these things.

And it got my thinking.

We all believe in little things that we can’t explain, (And no I am not talking about religion), we all have these little quirks or lucky charms that we have/do as a sort of safety mechanism.

For some it might be an article of clothing that we wear or occasions to give us luck or confidence. Others may have rituals that they do before they perform an activity. For example before I sit down on the ground I always do this little circle thing (like a dog) around the spot I sit down. I don’t know why I do it, just that I do (but only after a couple of my friends pointed it out for me)

I have this one friend who listens to “Let’s get it started” by the Black Eyed Peas before every b-ball game she plays, and this other friend who always wears her lucky bracelet before a test.

So just for the fun of it, I thought I would try it out. I bought two different stones.
A howlite, which is said to absorb anger, aid calm communication, relieve insomnia (because we all know I really need that) and strengthens memory (again, a necessity).
I also purchased a chevron amethyst, which is believed to stimulate creativity and intuition, and help resolved anxiety. (The real motive for purchasing the later stone was because I like color purple. <_<>

But anyways, we’ll see how things pan out. Who knows, I might actually get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight.

Anyways…
From a deranged lunatic…
I bid thee farewell…

N.B. i got the idea for the title when i was watching iCarly. In the episode iChristmas, Carly reveals that Sam wears two different colored socks to bed since she was little because she thought it was good luck.

No comments: