Sunday, July 13, 2008

Expectations

I had just recently come back from a youth camp and it got me thinking about the way people act around different people.

When you around certain people they tend to expect you to be behaving in a certain way. For example if you were with your parents you would be fooling around with them as if they were your best friends (but if you do... good for you for having such a loving relationship with you parents), you would hold some form of respect (or not) for them as they are your parents, they're older than you, they're your guardians, etc.

This is how i found camp. the majority of the people present are people who i haven't seen since last years camp. so what did i do? i acted like how i did a year ago when they last saw me. it's not like i was deceiving them in a way. it just that my subconscious is forcing me to act a certain way.

It is not like i have different personalities. it is just like i act in a way that allows me to connect with those people better. we all liked to be... well "liked" so we somewhat change ourselves so that we fit in.

it's like when I'm in school. i hang out with many different groups all the time. that means when I'm with a certain group i talk about different things and i act in a different way. for example when I'm whit Stein we would end up talking about music. and when I'm with Dick we would be goofing off or sleeping.

i just find it weird how i can be all different and still be one person.

I remember watching all these movies when i was younger and they all said the same thing: "be yourself!" but we like to be liked so we withhold a piece of ourselves. so much for being myself.

From a deranged lunatic... i bid you farewell

No comments: